The purpose of this Data Protection Policy is to inform you of how Resync manages Personal Data which is subject to personal data protection principles applicable to your household. Please take a moment to read this Data Protection Policy so that you know and understand the purposes for which we collect, use and disclose your Personal Data.
By interacting with us, submitting information to us, or signing up for any products and services offered by us, you agree and consent to Resync, as well as our respective representatives and/or employees collecting, using, disclosing and sharing amongst themselves your Personal Data.
This Data Protection Policy supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consents you may have previously provided to Resync in respect of your Personal Data, and your consents herein are additional to any rights which Resync may have at law to collect, use or disclose your Personal Data.
Resync may from time to time update this Data Protection Policy to ensure that this Data Protection Policy is consistent with our future developments, industry trends, and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. Subject to your rights at law, you agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of this Data Protection Policy as updated from time to time on our websites, applications, and digital services. Please check back regularly for updated information on the handling of your Personal Data.
Type of Personal Data Collected
- In this Data Protection Policy, “Personal Data” refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time.
- Examples of such Personal Data you may provide to us include (depending on the nature of your interaction with us) your name, NRIC, passport or other identification number, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address, and any other information relating to any individuals which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or via other forms of interaction with you.
- As part of such Personal Data, we process technical data, which refers to all data that we need to provide good and secure services.
- This includes, for example, the serial numbers of your devices, the configuration details, internal states of your devices and services, the software version of the system components and others. This also includes access credentials needed to process the data of the various Resync systems.
- This includes, for example, electrical measurements, geo-location data, detected appliances, events, messages, alerts, internal states of the Resync Monitors or other distributed devices, and data that is manually entered in the Resync apps or website.
- For our web and mobile application, this includes data on product interactions, such as app launches, taps, clicks, scrolling information, or other information on how users interact with our apps.
- We process diagnostic data, which refers to technical information used to identify, assess, and/or repair potential issues with our web and mobile applications
- This includes crash data, such as crash logs, and performance data such as launch time and hang rates.
- We process network data, which refers to data resulting from network traffic.
- This includes, for example, IP address and MAC address.
Collection of Personal Data
- Generally, we collect Personal Data in the following ways:
- when you acknowledge us to install Smart Energy Meters and Smart Plugs in your household;
- when we monitor your energy usage in your household;
- when you are contacted by, and respond to, our representatives and employees;
- when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason.
- When you browse our websites, or use our applications and/or digital services, you generally do so anonymously but please see the section below on cookies. We do not, at our websites, applications and digital services, automatically collect Personal Data unless you provide such information or login with your account credentials.
- If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents in your household), by submitting such information to us, you represent and warrant to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
- You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products and services you have requested.
Purposes for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
- Generally, Resync collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- responding to your queries, feedback, complaints and customer support requests;
- verifying your identity;
- managing the administrative and business operations of Resync and complying with internal policies and procedures;
- matching any Personal Data held which relates to you for any of the purposes listed herein;
- requesting feedback or participation in surveys, as well as conducting market research and/or analysis for statistical, profiling or other purposes for us to review, develop and improve the quality of our products and services;
- Analysing product interaction data to evaluate user behaviour in relation to the efficacy of product features, planning of new features, and measuring user characteristics, without linking it to individual user identity
- acilities management (including but not limited to maintaining the security of our premises);
- meeting or complying with any applicable rules, laws, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines issued by any legal or regulatory bodies which are binding on Resync (including but not limited to responding to regulatory complaints, disclosing to regulatory bodies and conducting audit checks, due diligence and investigations);
- creating and maintaining your profile in our system database for internal records and reference;
- facilitating your use of our online portals;
- taking photograph(s) and/or video(s) of Energy Meters and Smart Plugs in your household for (i) internal dissemination within Resync and (ii) generating publicity materials for our courses, events and programmes;
- any other purpose reasonably related to the aforesaid.
- Furthermore, where permitted under the Act and/or where you have provided your consent to Resync separately, Resync may also collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for the following additional purposes:
- providing or marketing services, products and benefits to you, including but not limited to special events and promotions from Resync;
- matching Personal Data with other data collected for other purposes and from other sources (including third parties) in connection with the provision, marketing or offering of products and services by Resync;
- conducting market research, analytics and surveys to enable Resync to understand and determine customer preferences and demographics for us to offer you products and services as well as special offers and marketing programmes which may be relevant to your preferences and profile; and/or
- any other purpose reasonably related to the aforesaid.
- If you have provided your Singapore telephone number(s) and have indicated that you consent to receiving marketing or promotional information via your Singapore telephone number(s), then from time to time, the Resync may continue to contact you using such Singapore telephone number(s) (including via voice calls, text, fax, or other means) with information about our products and services, unless you have withdrawn your consent.
- In relation to particular products and services or in your interactions with Resync, we may also have specifically notified you of other purposes for which we collect, use or disclose your Personal Data. If so, we will collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for these additional purposes as well, unless we have specifically notified you otherwise.
Disclosure of Personal Data
- Resync will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorised disclosure. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may be disclosed by Resync, for the purposes listed above (where applicable), to the following entities or parties, whether they are located overseas or in Singapore:
- Resync Technologies Pte. Ltd. (“Resync Technologies” or “Resync”);
- any other party whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data to.
- We process interaction data, which refers to all data that result from user interaction with our systems, devices, apps, or websites. This includes, for example, the use of the websites and apps. This also includes browser cookies.
- A cookie is a small piece of information that is placed on your computer when you visit certain websites. The cookies placed by the servers hosting our websites are readable only by us, and cookies cannot access, read or modify any other data on an electric device, nor does it capture any data which allows us to identify you individually. All web-browsers offer the option to refuse any cookie, and if you refuse our cookie then we do not gather any information on that visitor.
- Should you wish to disable the cookies associated with these browsers, you may do so by changing the setting on your browser. However, you may not be able to enter certain part(s) of our websites.
- Resync will take reasonable efforts to protect Personal Data in our possession or our control by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks. However, we cannot completely guarantee the security of any Personal Data we may have collected from or about you, or that for example no harmful code will enter our websites, applications, and digital services (for example viruses, bugs, trojan horses, spyware or adware). You should be aware of the risks associated with using websites, applications, and digital services.
- While we strive to protect your Personal Data, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us via the Internet, when you browse our websites, or use our applications and/or digital services, and the method of electronic storage. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your Personal Data when you are on the Internet, when you browse our websites, or use our applications and/or digital services. We recommend that you change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers, and ensure that you use a secure browser.
Contacting Us – Feedback, Withdrawal of Consent, Access and Correction of your Personal Data
- If you:
- have any questions or feedback relating to your Personal Data or our Data Protection Policy;
- would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data as set out in this Data Protection Policy; or
- would like more information on or access and make corrections to your Personal Data records, you can contact us at email@example.com.
- If you withdraw your consent to any or all use of your Personal Data, depending on the nature of your request, Resync may not be in a position to administer any contractual relationship in place, which in turn may also result in the termination of any agreements with Resync, and your being in breach of your contractual obligations or undertakings. Resync’s legal rights and remedies in such events are expressly reserved.
- This Data Protection Policy, your browsing of our websites, and use of our applications and/or digital services shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore.